Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A couple of weeks ago, we were supposed to talk about “Who Controls Your Reputation Online.” Technical glitches prevented us doing so. Hopefully….we’ll be able to do it on December 10. Hopefully.

Speaking of hope. I hope you guys will come out to the Porkchop Productions show on December 17 at 6:00p.m. If you are unfamiliar with Porkchop, let me fill you in. The team is comprised of two women who write, direct, and perform all their own shows, which are usually fractured fairy-tales. They play multiple characters during each show, with quick-change costuming. There are jokes aplenty for the kids and many sly contemporary culture references which are for the adults and teens in the audience. Our own Hailey O. provided a line for their show in the summer of ’08 (“I have to keep licking my shirt!”).

I have finally started reading the “Twilight” series by Stephenie Meyer. I know, I know. I’m waaaaayyy behind. I have read Twilight and New Moon and have Eclipse on my nightstand, waiting for me. Why did I drag my feet so? Because vampires just aren’t really my thing. Given the popularity of the series with teens, that is not a very good excuse for me. I need to be able to discuss your favorite books with you, right?

So. Let’s discuss. Or rather, let me put forth my opinion so far. Twilight bored the heck out of me. All that angst. And Bella NEVER STOPS WHINING!! Okay. Mini-rant over. That aside, I liked individual bits and some of the secondary characters. The baseball game? Cool. The fight with James? Scary and exciting. I think poor Mike gets short shrift. Jasper’s my favorite, simply because he has to try so much harder than anybody else. He is so kind to Bella, even though she’s a whiner. (Sorry.)

New Moon was even worse in the beginning. The angst was even MORE self-centered, which I hadn’t imagined possible! Things got a little better near the end, but…still. Sheesh.

I’ll let you know how I feel about Eclipse when I’m finished with it.

No comments: