Thursday, July 30, 2009

Silent Movies...aren't

The Silent Film Festival was a bit of a bummer in that I only had ONE student-produced film to share, but I believe that we had a good time watching films from o-so-long-ago. We began in 1901 and traveled through 1914, then jumped 95 years to 2009.

One thing I noticed was the level of chatter. At first, the various groups seemed to be just idly whispering, but as the hour went on, more comments were made that related directly to the films. I myself was guilty of talking, but I was trying to address the group at large and draw attention to various aspects of the films.

In case you were wondering, most of the films came from the Irmo branch. If you are interested in seeing them, let me know, and I will get them for you.

Next week is it, guys! If you haven't come to any programs yet, shame on you. I will be happy to see you at the cookout though. Next Thursday at 6:00pm.

See you there!

No comments: