Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to the School Grind

How was it? Were the first two days of school fabulous? I hope you were able to find your old friends with ease. I hope you don't discount the advantages of making new ones! I made many new friends this summer, and I hope you don't forget about me, languishing here in the library...

Languishing, HA! More like planning, reading, planning, reading, undecorating, reading, planning, organizing, planning, reading, ad nauseum. That means "to the point of nausea." Not that I'm sick of my job! I LOVE MY JOB! I think I have the best one ever. I get to spend my days with books and people, my two favorite things in the universe.

I am considering going back to school myself. Yes, yes. Voluntarially. I am thinking about Library School. Yes, there is such a thing. I have my Bachelor's degree (in Theater, of all things), and it would be nice to get a Master's degree. A Master's of Library and Information Sciences, to be precise. In short, an MLIS.

My heart would really be with a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, but the library degree would be fun, too. Not to mention more practical.

I hope your school year is off to a good start. Let me know if you need any help with projects. I have access to resources I would love to share with you!

No comments: